VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE.
We at Castle wanted to address three main concepts while designing a new ESC for the modern-day RC enthusiast; VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY, and PERFORMANCE. These are the pillars of the Mamba X design and the driving forces behind the feature-packed controller.
The Mamba X is extremely versatile, capable of powering a wide variety of applications ranging from 2S to 6S and vehicles ranging from 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale*. Whether you are racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your SCT or monster truck, or navigating a hardcore crawling excursion, this controller raises the bar to a whole new level. Pair with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED MOTOR to provide precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts!
ESCs have a tough life - landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The Mamba X integrates a powerful 8A adjustable BEC into a high-performance speed control that can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th race buggies. Smart-Sense™ allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled ‘make-it-right’ customer support. Call us, email us, or walk in our front door – we’re here to help.
- Wide 2s-6s input voltage range for powering a wide variety of applications
- Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ Running Modes
- Brushless and brushed motor operation
- Powerful Integrated 8A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for "on-the-fly" adjustments using your transmitter
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX and T7PX transmitter
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Dial in ESC settings, update ESC firmware and view data logs with Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon for USB adapter included with purchase, Castle Link software located here)
- Optional smartphone-based programming, firmware updates and data log viewing with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link software for iOS or Android (free download)
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Factory equipped thermally controlled (and removable) 30mm cooling fan
- 12 AWG high strand count silicone coated copper power wires
- Integrated Capacitors and 4mm Bullet Connectors add durability in extreme conditions
- Audible Alerts and LED Alerts for easy diagnoses of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
ROAR and RECON 6 Certified ESC
MAMBA X ESC WITH 1515-2200KV COMES WITH:
- Mamba X ESC with Sensor Harness and 1515-2200kv sensored motor
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Mamba Decals
- Driver's Ed Guide/ Quick Start Guide
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo
MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V) (Max 4s with included motor)
BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
On/Off Switch: Yes
Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
Size: Length: 2.14" (54.4mm)
Width: 1.39" (35.2mm)
Height: 1.18" (30.0mm)
Weight (with wires): 3.56 oz. (101g)
Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.
Product Use Statements:
*Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- **The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 4s (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg with 1515 - 2200kv motor. SW VS. 1.82 ROAR APPROVED
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 9bs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run.
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with purchase of the Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and a compatible transmitter.
Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs
Input Voltage Range: 3-6S LiPo; 4s maximum with Mamba X ESC
Max. RPM: 60,000
Size: Length: 75.4mm
Diameter: 40mm (41.4mm with fins)
Weight (w/wires): 429g / 15.1oz
Shaft Size: Length: 20mm
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25mm
Cooling Fan: Optional, coming soon!
Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors on 12AWG wire, includes 210mm length sensor wire.
Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:8 scale off-road and on-road vehicles as well as 1:10 scale 4WD SCT up to 9lbs on 4s LiPo.
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: See application guidelines
Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored only
- Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
We're proud of every product we create. Here are some reviews of this product.