The 1/10 scale Axial® SCX10™ III Jeep® Gladiator JT 4WD RTR marks the next step forward in ready-to-run, scale off-road action. While continuing to incorporate key components that have made SCX10™ vehicles successful, the SCX10™ III chassis increases realism with details that include a replica V8 engine to house the front-mounted 540 brushed motor, mated to a realistic transmission housing and transfer case like a 1:1 vehicle. The Spektrum™ DX3™ 3-channel 2.4GHz DSMR® transmitter and Firma™ 40A ESC/receiver are also ready to give you the advantages of innovative Spektrum™ Smart technology.
Out of the box, the SCX10™ III Jeep® Gladiator JT transmission offers a third-channel DIG function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. Though locked out from the factory, you can set up the vehicle to have a 40% faster second gear instead of DIG — or, by adding another micro servo and using a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum DX5), have simultaneous access to both the DIG and two-speed functions.
The SCX10™ III Jeep® Gladiator JT uses new AR45™ portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. The motor is located at the front of the chassis for forward weight. The standard battery tray is positioned near the vehicle’s center for improved balance and accepts full-size LiPo or NiMH packs. There are also locations in the side pods for drivers who prefer smaller “shorty” LiPo packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
Axial® climbs to the peak of scale rock crawling with the ready-to-run SCX10™ III Jeep® JT Gladiator. The upgraded chassis offers a third-channel DIG function plus 14-inch wheelbase that allows Axial® to include a larger, more realistic 3-piece body.
- Replica V8 engine cover, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance and adding forward-mounted weight.
- DIG function transmission option lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius.
- Three-piece body provides a more realistic deep bed.
- Spektrum™ DX3™ DSMR® radio is fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential of the installed Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver.
- Ready to Run completion level comes with everything needed to operate besides a battery and compatible charger
SPEKTRUM™ FIRMA™ SMART 40A BRUSHED 4-CHANNEL ESC/RECEIVER
With the Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver and DX3™ transmitter, you’re equipped to experience the telemetry advantages of exclusive Spektrum™ Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery to follow vehicle battery capacity on the transmitter’s voltage level indicator. Drive with confidence in any weather and trail conditions — the electronics are also protected by a waterproof* design.
• Built-in 4-Channel DSMR® Receiver
• Integrated SMART Technology
• Dedicated LED power connectors
• Multiple protection points
• Waterproof design
AR45 PORTAL AXLES
Portal Axles like those found in some full-size off-roaders provide higher ground clearance and reduce the torque on other drivetrain components for improved performance. The new 6-Bolt locker and hypoid gears from the Capra are used front and rear, providing the same durability the Capra drivetrain is known for. Portal Axles like those found in some full-size off-roaders provide higher ground clearance and reduce the torque on other drivetrain components for improved performance. The ring and pinion gears are machined steel, including the locker. The design utilizes a six bolt design for durability.
The scale Jeep® Gladiator JT body mirrors its full-size counterpart with many highly authentic details. In addition, the body has over 20 injection-molded parts including a bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more.WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS WITH EXTENDED LENGTH REAR DRIVESHAFT
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue. The rear driveshaft length has been extended to accommodate the longer wheelbase.
• 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
• Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
• 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint
• Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance
- In The Box
- (1) Axial® SCX1In The Box0™ III Jeep® JT Gladiator 4WD
- (1) Spektrum Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum 15kg Servo (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ DX3™ DSMR® Radio
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- (1) 2-3S Standard or “Shorty” LiPo Battery with EC3™ or IC3™ connector
- (1) Compatible Battery Charger
- (4) AA batteries for Transmitter
|Rear Track||8.9 in (226mm)|
|Wheelbase||13.9" (353 mm)|
|Final Drive Ratio||45.6:1 Low / 31.3:1 High|
|Front Track||8.9 in (226mm)|
|Product Width||9.25" (235 mm)|
|Max Battery Dimensions||5.45 x 1.83 x 1.38" (138.5 x 46.5 x 35mm)|
|Brakes||Integral with ESC|
|Ball Bearings||Full set|
|Chassis||Adjustable steel C-channel|
|Product Height||9.5" (241 mm)|
|Ground Clearance||3 in (76.2mm)|
|Product Length||22.25" (565 mm)|
|Suspension||Multi-link solid axle with stainless steel pivot balls|
|Body||3-piece, highly detailed Lexan|
|Product Weight||7lbs (3175g)|
|Vehicle Type||Rock Crawler|
|Approximate Assembly Time||No assembly required|
We're proud of every product we create. Here are some reviews of this product.